Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Difference between S-AFC & V-AFC? Guy sent me wron

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 96integrals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2000
    Posts
    123
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a 96 Turbo LS, and ordered a S-AFc but the guy sent me the wrong one...a V-AFC. Can I still connect it? Are they the same, except V-AFC has the vtec control function??

    help!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think you have the right idea, as far as I know, the VAFC was just a SAFC with the added vtec control. I'm pretty sure the unit should still run fine without the vtec wire attached, there's just more settings with the VAFC with full/part throttle crossed with vtec/no vtec giving four different settings. I would assume that the SAFC would only provide 2 different settings for full/part throttle. I'm not positive though, but if all else fails, I'm sure you could get rid of the VAFC(in pretty high demand and worth more than the SAFC) or just ask for an exchange.

    Jon

  3. #3
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Don't exchange it!?!? Which unit did they charge you for? Sounds like a good deal to me. smile If you don't want the VAFC at least sell it and buy the SAFC, make some $$$.

    Tom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •